Continued Motivation

Boots

RTYer
Jan 4, 2023
Elizabethtown KY
Ok,., serious question for you repeat offenders,.. do you struggle keeping your motivation throughout the year to continue and complete the annual RTY challenge? Right now because it’s cold I think it’s easy to find the time but I’m worried that when summer hits and it’s boat and motorcycle season it may not come as easy and then I’m worried that if I get too far behind I won’t be able to make it up,,. The struggle isn’t real yet but I know it’s coming.

Cassandra B.

Amerithoner
RTYer
Fit-scapadist
Streaker
Hugger
Oct 18, 2022
I’m the opposite. My struggle is real now because it’s so cold and I can’t get out to walk but once the summer hits I usually do two walks a day. I hate the cold but joined the gym with my husband and a friend so walking with someone and making a schedule definitely keeps me going now.

Upvote 0

Phoenix

RTYer
Fit-scapadist
Streaker
Hugger
Nov 1, 2022
Somerville, MA
I definitely find some months are easier than others. I try to build up a buffer when I know my schedule and the weather (and my motivation) support extra miles and try to give myself grace when I hit a tough patch. It usually evens out in the end.

Upvote 0

Amanda C. (2610167809)

RTYer
Fit-scapadist
Streaker
Hugger
Nov 22, 2022
I'm a definite offender of this.i make a point to see how many miles I completed that month in the previous year and try for 25% better as a motivator when those less than jazzy days come.

Upvote 0

Cathy B. (1224212482)

RTYer
Fit-scapadist
Streaker
Hugger
Oct 24, 2022
Hamlin, NY
I’m the opposite. My struggle is real now because it’s so cold and I can’t get out to walk but once the summer hits I usually do two walks a day. I hate the cold but joined the gym with my husband and a friend so walking with someone and making a schedule definitely keeps me going now.
I’m the exact same way! Western NY is just starting to get a little warm, but the snow, ice and cold just don’t make me want to go out and walk! When the warmer weather hits I’m good!
I do like Phoenix’s idea of building a buffer for less then ideal days. I am going to build a up a big buffer when the weather starts getting nicer!

Upvote 0