Amanda C. (2610167809)

RTYer
Fit-scapadist
Streaker
Hugger
Nov 22, 2022
Of course, the day we start a streaker challenge, my foot acts up. Does anyone have advice for recurring issues with inner foot part of the arch? I have insoles and purchase new shoes when they start feeling less supportive. I have been an avid Brooks shoe wearer - I saw a podiatrist a little over a year ago and he said no Hokas but find something with a little cushion and a slight heel. Most days I have a slight pain in my foot and others I can barely walk. I'd rather not go back for another Cortisone shot since there was no real answer provided by the doc.

Erika W. (3203530753)

RTYer
Sep 10, 2022
Of course, the day we start a streaker challenge, my foot acts up. Does anyone have advice for recurring issues with inner foot part of the arch? I have insoles and purchase new shoes when they start feeling less supportive. I have been an avid Brooks shoe wearer - I saw a podiatrist a little over a year ago and he said no Hokas but find something with a little cushion and a slight heel. Most days I have a slight pain in my foot and others I can barely walk. I'd rather not go back for another Cortisone shot since there was no real answer provided by the doc.
I was actually an avid brooks wearer too, it was all I wore, and then I started having foot pain about 1.5-2 years in. Long story short I have two different type of shoes now I run in. I found I needed to rotate not only the shoes but the brand as well. So I still wear brooks bc I love them and they have a wider toe box, and then I also have saucony endorphin speed. I couldnt wear them all the time bc of the smaller toe box! So rotating is perfect and I haven’t had a foot problem since!

Upvote 0

MariaTheGhoul

RTYer
Fit-scapadist
Streaker
Hugger
Sep 8, 2022
Bellevue Ne
My PT is having me do what is called "Toe Yoga" where you try to lift your big toe by itself and then your other toes. It works the small muscles inside the foot/arch to help strengthen them. I've also noticed that my foot doesn't cramp as much during runs and it just overall feels better/more relaxed. Video of it

Upvote 0