RTYer
Fit-scapadist
Streaker
Hugger
Nov 22, 2022
Bellingham, WA
jdr0p.wordpress.com
Hello all!

My name is Jenna, I live in the lovely (or rainy) PNW, and I've been running slowly for like 15 years. I'm a child of the 80s and I have a soft spot for fancy shoes.

Looking forward to making virtual (or actual!) friends here!

Laurent

Administrator
Amerithoner
RTYer
Voyager
Fit-scapadist
Streaker
Hugger
Jul 22, 2022
Hello all!

My name is Jenna, I live in the lovely (or rainy) PNW, and I've been running slowly for like 15 years. I'm a child of the 80s and I have a soft spot for fancy shoes.

Welcome!

I bet you like the Stranger Things show.

Reactions: Briana
Upvote 0

Briana

Administrator
Amerithoner
RTYer
Voyager
Fit-scapadist
Streaker
Hugger
Jul 25, 2022
Hello all!

Helllooo! I too am a child of the 80's but have a soft spot for lots of running shoes... ha. My husband says I have a problem but I really think one cannot have too many... I am sure you agree?!

Really looking forward to conversing with people in the community as well. I need a space that is more custom!

Reactions: Tif Gets Fit
Upvote 0

jdr0p

RTYer
Fit-scapadist
Streaker
Hugger
Nov 22, 2022
Bellingham, WA
jdr0p.wordpress.com
Welcome!

I bet you like the Stranger Things show.
It took a while to get into it, but yes I did like it! I'm whatever they are calling us now - geriatric/elder/original millennial. I think I was born a bit too late to truly enjoy hair and punk rock wars.

Upvote 0

jdr0p

RTYer
Fit-scapadist
Streaker
Hugger
Nov 22, 2022
Bellingham, WA
jdr0p.wordpress.com
Helllooo! I too am a child of the 80's but have a soft spot for lots of running shoes... ha. My husband says I have a problem but I really think one cannot have too many... I am sure you agree?!

Really looking forward to conversing with people in the community as well. I need a space that is more custom!
I buy my running shoes in batches of like 4-5. Once I find a pair that works and that I love, I just buy in bulk!

Washington is a LOT more casual than where I grew up, so I don't really have need for fancy shoes anymore...it's curbed this bad habit :)

Reactions: Briana
Upvote 0

Briana

Administrator
Amerithoner
RTYer
Voyager
Fit-scapadist
Streaker
Hugger
Jul 25, 2022
I buy my running shoes in batches of like 4-5. Once I find a pair that works and that I love, I just buy in bulk!

Washington is a LOT more casual than where I grew up, so I don't really have need for fancy shoes anymore...it's curbed this bad habit :)
Ha SAME! That's why my husband says I have issues... but I feel like once I find something I like it's best to not mess with it! I currently have 4 pairs of my favorite Saucony's in my closet! But I did get them on super sale too :)

Ahhh - Colorado is also very casual - so my sneakers fit right in.

Upvote 0

jdr0p

RTYer
Fit-scapadist
Streaker
Hugger
Nov 22, 2022
Bellingham, WA
jdr0p.wordpress.com
Ha SAME! That's why my husband says I have issues... but I feel like once I find something I like it's best to not mess with it! I currently have 4 pairs of my favorite Saucony's in my closet! But I did get them on super sale too :)

Ahhh - Colorado is also very casual - so my sneakers fit right in.
I grew up on the East Coast, which is a bit fancier than Grunge Territory :p

I run in Brooks Adrenalines (trying the Ghosts at the moment and won't buy again, they are about half a size smaller?!) and I only have a stock of two pairs left! I usually buy last year's model too haha. Sadly I'm a size 6 so the colors aren't as good, but if I can get a bunch of them for cheap, I'll take it!

Upvote 0

Briana

Administrator
Amerithoner
RTYer
Voyager
Fit-scapadist
Streaker
Hugger
Jul 25, 2022
I grew up on the East Coast, which is a bit fancier than Grunge Territory :p

I run in Brooks Adrenalines (trying the Ghosts at the moment and won't buy again, they are about half a size smaller?!) and I only have a stock of two pairs left! I usually buy last year's model too haha. Sadly I'm a size 6 so the colors aren't as good, but if I can get a bunch of them for cheap, I'll take it!
So funny because since I’m a size 10.5 my shoe goes out of stock fast too…They only make so many because who has feet this big?!

Upvote 0

Athena B

RTYer
Hugger
Nov 10, 2022
Aiken SC
Hello all!

Haha. “Fancy shoes” 👏🏼🤣 that’s great! Someone has to wear them…I can’t, but loved them back in the 70’s! My fancy shoe now is a hiking boot or tennis shoe!

Upvote 0