Shorts/pants

Jeniffer K

RTYer
Fit-scapadist
Streaker
Hugger
Oct 18, 2022
San Antonio, TX
Hello Eveyone. Hope everyone’s year is starting off nicely. I’ve searched in topic and nothing popped up. I was wondering if there are any recommendations for shorts/pants that can help prevent chafing. Especially in the groin area. I’ve tried many different styles and glide. Two days in a row of over three miles and my skin goes raw. I normally have to allow another two days of rest before attempting long walks again.

Brett Waseline

RTYer
Jan 5, 2023
Honolulu. Hawaii
Hello Eveyone. Hope everyone’s year is starting off nicely. I’ve searched in topic and nothing popped up. I was wondering if there are any recommendations for shorts/pants that can help prevent chafing. Especially in the groin area. I’ve tried many different styles and glide. Two days in a row of over three miles and my skin goes raw. I normally have to allow another two days of rest before attempting long walks again.
My wife recommends

Upvote 0

Karen and her crew 🐶🐶🐶

Amerithoner
RTYer
Fit-scapadist
Streaker
Hugger
Jan 6, 2023
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I have had good success with Zyia and get their line that has extra pressure.

Upvote 0

Kelly T.

RTYer
Fit-scapadist
Streaker
Hugger
Dec 1, 2022
Omaha, Nebraska
Skirt Sports is my go to. The skirts all have shorts underneath in various lengths and the shorts come in various lengths as well. I’m not sure if shorts are available currently (it is winter), but if not they will come back to the site. They also have capris and leggings. I tend to order skirts and shorts with a longer inseam as this helps because there is fabric covering an area that would otherwise have skin meet skin this causing chafe. If you’d like a discount code, I can also share one that’s available for anyone to use.

Reactions: Meg K.
Upvote 0

Meg K.

RTYer
Hugger
Nov 11, 2022
Michigan
www.megklinecoaching.com
My two cents (from someone who has same issue - you are not alone): leggings geared for running (no seams on inner thigh / saddle, material meant to withstand the friction without pilling) and get the right size, which may be smaller/tighter than you realize. I only run in leggings now and have cold/warm gear for all temps. Underwear makes a huge difference in chafe, too - thongs are really the only thing that eliminates that groin chafe altogether for me. May not sound appealing, I get it - but believe me it makes all the difference. Look for completely seamless. Under Armour has cheap 3 packs, again get the right size. The less shifting of the material, the less chafe! I tried all sorts of things (glide, etc) and this is where I’ve landed. No glide required. Hope that helps!

Upvote 0

Jeniffer K

RTYer
Fit-scapadist
Streaker
Hugger
Oct 18, 2022
San Antonio, TX
My two cents (from someone who has same issue - you are not alone): leggings geared for running (no seams on inner thigh / saddle, material meant to withstand the friction without pilling) and get the right size, which may be smaller/tighter than you realize. I only run in leggings now and have cold/warm gear for all temps. Underwear makes a huge difference in chafe, too - thongs are really the only thing that eliminates that groin chafe altogether for me. May not sound appealing, I get it - but believe me it makes all the difference. Look for completely seamless. Under Armour has cheap 3 packs, again get the right size. The less shifting of the material, the less chafe! I tried all sorts of things (glide, etc) and this is where I’ve landed. No glide required. Hope that helps!
I guess I should have said it is more in the underwear area. I’ve switched to moisture wicking but that’s not working. Never tried a thong to work out in.

Upvote 0

Meg K.

RTYer
Hugger
Nov 11, 2022
Michigan
www.megklinecoaching.com
Yep - same area/issue for me. The underwear edges were primary problem. Seamless are better (UA has some hipsters) but the problem is completely solved with the thongs. It feels odd posting this but I knew when I read yours I had to share because I WISH someone told me this years ago!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Boots

RTYer
Jan 4, 2023
Elizabethtown KY
Skirt Sports is my go to. The skirts all have shorts underneath in various lengths and the shorts come in various lengths as well. I’m not sure if shorts are available currently (it is winter), but if not they will come back to the site. They also have capris and leggings. I tend to order skirts and shorts with a longer inseam as this helps because there is fabric covering an area that would otherwise have skin meet skin this causing chafe. If you’d like a discount code, I can also share one that’s available for anyone to use.
I’d like a discount code,,. Please

Upvote 0

Jacqueline C. (1502150658)

Amerithoner
RTYer
Dec 31, 2022
I was getting this for a while so bad. I stopped wearing panties underneath my leggings and also started applying ‘Anti-Chafe Balm’. Went away and hasn’t returned. B10F7B62-7CC0-4CB5-B43B-0287DFBBC5C0.jpeg

Reactions: Jeniffer K
Upvote 0

Jacqueline C. (1502150658)

Amerithoner
RTYer
Dec 31, 2022
Upvote 0