2023 Race Calendar

Meg K.

RTYer
Hugger
Nov 11, 2022
Michigan
www.megklinecoaching.com
Okay - who is doing what, and where?

Right now, I will be doing two Rock & Roll half marathons - Vegas in Feb and SLC in Aug. Anyone else going to those?
I’m going to look into Rock & Roll halfs. Sounds fun! Are these races you do each year? (And, if yes - please tell me why you love them!!)

Upvote 0

Meg K.

RTYer
Hugger
Nov 11, 2022
Michigan
www.megklinecoaching.com
I haven't run a half in a few years, so I want to do at least two of those in '23. Thinking about doing my first marathon at age 62, but I've been thinking about that every day for the past decade, so we'll see...(-;
I love that!!! Let us know what you decide 😁(on the halfs and on a marathon!)

Reactions: Abbott
Upvote 0

Briana

Administrator
Amerithoner
RTYer
Voyager
Fit-scapadist
Streaker
Hugger
Jul 25, 2022
I haven't run a half in a few years, so I want to do at least two of those in '23. Thinking about doing my first marathon at age 62, but I've been thinking about that every day for the past decade, so we'll see...(-;
No time like the present! :)

Upvote 0

Meg K.

RTYer
Hugger
Nov 11, 2022
Michigan
www.megklinecoaching.com
On my calendar for 2023 so far is Kalamazoo Marathon (half) and Charlevoix Marathon (half) plus all 4 races on Mackinac Island (5mi, 10k, 8mi, half). There are some National Park (U.S.) races that sound fun… might try to plan a trip out west around some of those. Anyone doing any races in Michigan or any of the National Park races?

Upvote 0

Briana

Administrator
Amerithoner
RTYer
Voyager
Fit-scapadist
Streaker
Hugger
Jul 25, 2022
On my calendar for 2023 so far is Kalamazoo Marathon (half) and Charlevoix Marathon (half) plus all 4 races on Mackinac Island (5mi, 10k, 8mi, half). There are some National Park (U.S.) races that sound fun… might try to plan a trip out west around some of those. Anyone doing any races in Michigan or any of the National Park races?
National Park races sound really amazing. I've never done any but you have me thinking!

Reactions: Meg K.
Upvote 0

Meg K.

RTYer
Hugger
Nov 11, 2022
Michigan
www.megklinecoaching.com
National Park races sound really amazing. I've never done any but you have me thinking!
I hadn’t even heard about them until a few months ago but there are so many cool ones. Here’s the best site I’ve found for them, in case you want to check them out!

Reactions: CPAGrrrl
Upvote 0

Meg K.

RTYer
Hugger
Nov 11, 2022
Michigan
www.megklinecoaching.com
Well, unless work is keeping me off the road. Life would be so much easier if I was smart enough to have been born rich and could just train 18 hours a day!
Thank goodness you don’t actually need to train 18hrs a day! 😂🥵 There are a lot of us here with rigorous work and personal life schedules. You definitely learn to make time for what’s important! My training is a priority for me as it’s part of keeping a healthy mindset, which sets me up for showing up the way I want and need to for the rest of my work/family obligations. If training for a marathon is a priority right now, you will find the time. You’re the only one who decides what’s top on the list!

Reactions: Abbott
Upvote 0

Abbott

RTYer
Streaker
Hugger
Nov 1, 2022
Tucson, Arizona
Thank goodness you don’t actually need to train 18hrs a day! 😂🥵 There are a lot of us here with rigorous work and personal life schedules. You definitely learn to make time for what’s important! My training is a priority for me as it’s part of keeping a healthy mindset, which sets me up for showing up the way I want and need to for the rest of my work/family obligations. If training for a marathon is a priority right now, you will find the time. You’re the only one who decides what’s top on the list!
I'd say my wife has a bit of say in that too :cool:. Thanks for the encouragement!

Upvote 0

Briana

Administrator
Amerithoner
RTYer
Voyager
Fit-scapadist
Streaker
Hugger
Jul 25, 2022
I hadn’t even heard about them until a few months ago but there are so many cool ones. Here’s the best site I’ve found for them, in case you want to check them out!

Ahh thank you! This is so cool!

Upvote 0

Abbott

RTYer
Streaker
Hugger
Nov 1, 2022
Tucson, Arizona
Reactions: Meg K.
Upvote 0