Administrator
Amerithoner
RTYer
Voyager
Fit-scapadist
Streaker
Hugger
Jul 22, 2022
Controlling how many alerts / notifications you receive is always some kind of goldilock dilemma:
You want to stay in the know, but you do not want to get constantly bombarded with attention-grabbing prompts.

First, some definitions:
  • "alerts" are what you get on the web or via email.
  • "notifications" are sent to the mobile app, on your phone.
Now, let's get that just right...

In the mobile app, tap Menu in the bottom right corner:

IMG_0033.png

Then tap Account:

IMG_0037.png

Then tap Settings:

IMG_0038.png

Then tap Preferences and Notifications:

IMG_0034.png

We have arrived! On this screen, locate Content options, tick or untick options to your taste:

Note: If you "watch" something, you will receive alerts / notifications about it.

IMG_0035.png

Then locate Receive a notification when someone... on that same screen and decide what you would want to be alerted about:

IMG_0036.png

Finally, tap Save and you are set!

Marion R. (407699456)

RTYer
Fit-scapadist
Streaker
Hugger
Oct 18, 2022
I wish replying in the original thread was an option but since it's not (@Laurent )

As far as controlling alerts and notifications, I'm happy to get alerts when I log in to the forum but would prefer NOT to get e-mails every time someone responds. Is there any way to separate those two items, or are the functions identical? (I don't use my phone for this, so notifications are a non-issue.)

(I'm editing because my screen tells me I have insufficient privileges to reply...)
@Laurent

1666208030834.png

Still getting e-mails.

Last edited:
Reactions: GilaMonster5
Upvote 0

Laurent

Administrator
Amerithoner
RTYer
Voyager
Fit-scapadist
Streaker
Hugger
Jul 22, 2022
I wish replying in the original thread was an option but since it's not (@Laurent )

As far as controlling alerts and notifications, I'm happy to get alerts when I log in to the forum but would prefer NOT to get e-mails every time someone responds. Is there any way to separate those two items, or are the functions identical? (I don't use my phone for this, so notifications are a non-issue.)

I used my super powers and moved your question over here, @Marion R. (407699456) .
I also re-opened this thread so that other users may also provide feedback.

Now, to answer your question: If you uncheck each box that says "email" in your preferences, you will not receive emails.

Upvote 0