Distance Runners:

Kelly T.

RTYer
Fit-scapadist
Streaker
Hugger
Dec 1, 2022
Omaha, Nebraska
Slow runs should be kept slow. It also doesn’t hurt to have a training plan. Once you find something that works for you then you are more likely to stick with it as well. I love the program that I use because it allows me to make adjustments if I may have bitten off more than I can chew or didn’t bite off enough. This year I also decided that less is more and haven’t signed up for a lot of races. Lastly, rest is important and your body needs rest days.

Upvote 0

Nora L

RTYer
Streaker
Hugger
Sep 27, 2022
Slow runs should be kept slow. It also doesn’t hurt to have a training plan. Once you find something that works for you then you are more likely to stick with it as well. I love the program that I use because it allows me to make adjustments if I may have bitten off more than I can chew or didn’t bite off enough. This year I also decided that less is more and haven’t signed up for a lot of races. Lastly, rest is important and your body needs rest days.
What program are you using?

Upvote 0

Nicole M. (726859776)

RTYer
Fit-scapadist
Streaker
Hugger
Oct 23, 2022
Marathons are my favorite! There are lots of great training plans out there for free on the internet. I recommend that you try to find one where the first few weeks of the plan look pretty similar to what you’re already running. I’ve had success on a variety of plans… as long as what you pick is something that fits into your life and is something you can commit to.

Upvote 0