Healthy recipes?

Barbie

RTYer
Fit-scapadist
Streaker
Hugger
Sep 12, 2022
Texas, SETX
Just curious if anyone would be interested in sharing recipes be it a meal for one or more (I’d be a one person lol) desserts? Snacks? I love to meal prep and make quick and easy meals with a week planned out in advance.
Just curious.

Hannah

Administrator
Amerithoner
RTYer
Voyager
Fit-scapadist
Streaker
Hugger
Jul 25, 2022
Just curious if anyone would be interested in sharing recipes be it a meal for one or more (I’d be a one person lol) desserts? Snacks? I love to meal prep and make quick and easy meals with a week planned out in advance.
Just curious.
Love this idea! I've been meaning to up my meal-prep game.

Upvote 0

Thomas E. (343998466)

RTYer
Fit-scapadist
Streaker
Hugger
Sep 14, 2022
That's awesome! One of my favorites/go-tos is raw strawberry banana pudding. I eat it almost every day at work. 2 ingredients, totally raw and delicious. I just use a potato masher and mash up my bananas and then drop the strawberry slices in, it's great. And if you want, you can even put some blueberries in for 3 ingredients. Just make sure your bananas are ripe and your strawberries are of the best quality you can get your hands on.

Upvote 0

Laura Anne

Amerithoner
RTYer
Fit-scapadist
Streaker
Hugger
Nov 24, 2022
Warner Robins, Georgia
That's awesome! One of my favorites/go-tos is raw strawberry banana pudding. I eat it almost every day at work. 2 ingredients, totally raw and delicious. I just use a potato masher and mash up my bananas and then drop the strawberry slices in, it's great. And if you want, you can even put some blueberries in for 3 ingredients. Just make sure your bananas are ripe and your strawberries are of the best quality you can get your hands on.

Upvote 0

Barbie

RTYer
Fit-scapadist
Streaker
Hugger
Sep 12, 2022
Texas, SETX
I’m def going to have this for a snack tomorrow! Thank you!

Upvote 0

Thomas E. (343998466)

RTYer
Fit-scapadist
Streaker
Hugger
Sep 14, 2022
One of my fave breakfasts to have is an everything bagel (or plain) with a spread of hummus on one side of bagel, a scrambled egg with chopped scallions. So easy and delish! View attachment 149
Cool! That looks tasty, I’m vegan though hehe 🙂

Upvote 0

Athena B

RTYer
Hugger
Nov 10, 2022
Aiken SC
Just curious.
I make this butternut squash soup during the winter. This is my favorite!
This soup can get spicy. Be very careful with the chipotle pepper.
I can make a batch and freeze individual servings for another day. It thaws and reheats well.

Chipotle Butternut Squash Soup
Ingredients

• Ingredients
• 2 cups diced peeled butternut squash
• 1 small carrot, finely chopped
• 1 green onion, sliced
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 2 cups vegetable broth, divided
• 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
• 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
• 1/4 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, chopped
• 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
• 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
• 2 cups fresh baby spinach

Directions
In a large saucepan, saute the squash, carrot, onion and cumin in oil for 10 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add 1-1/2 cups broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until vegetables are tender; cool slightly.
Transfer mixture to a blender; add the tomatoes, cream cheese, basil, chipotle pepper and remaining broth. Cover and process for 1-2 minutes or until smooth.
Return to the saucepan; stir in the beans, corn and spinach. Cook and stir until spinach is wilted and soup is heated through. Yield: 5 servings.

Notes:

Nutritional Facts
1-1/3 cups equals 279 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 1,097 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 10 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Recipe from A taste of home

Upvote 0

Barbie

RTYer
Fit-scapadist
Streaker
Hugger
Sep 12, 2022
Texas, SETX
I can make a batch and freeze individual servings for another day. It thaws and reheats well.

Ingredients

• Ingredients
• 1 green onion, sliced
• 1 tablespoon olive oil

Directions
In a large saucepan, saute the squash, carrot, onion and cumin in oil for 10 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add 1-1/2 cups broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until vegetables are tender; cool slightly.
Transfer mixture to a blender; add the tomatoes, cream cheese, basil, chipotle pepper and remaining broth. Cover and process for 1-2 minutes or until smooth.
Return to the saucepan; stir in the beans, corn and spinach. Cook and stir until spinach is wilted and soup is heated through. Yield: 5 servings.

Notes:

Nutritional Facts
1-1/3 cups equals 279 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 1,097 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 10 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Thank you for sharing; sounds delicious! Will def try this and come back to let you know my thoughts.

Upvote 0

Thomas E. (343998466)

RTYer
Fit-scapadist
Streaker
Hugger
Sep 14, 2022
Thank you for sharing; sounds delicious! Will def try this and come back to let you know my thoughts.
Yes that sounds very good

Ingredients

• Ingredients
• 1 green onion, sliced
• 1 tablespoon olive oil

Directions

Notes:

Nutritional Facts
That sounds like a good one, I’ve baked whole squashes before, I might have to try a vegan version of this one by skipping the cream cheese, or substituting something else. Thank you for sharing that and the macro break down you gave at the end is very handy :) I don’t usually like soups too well unless they’re very thick so I’ll probably make mine extra thick.

Reactions: Donna S.
Upvote 0

Donna S.

RTYer
Fit-scapadist
Streaker
Hugger
Sep 26, 2022
Yes that sounds very good

That sounds like a good one, I’ve baked whole squashes before, I might have to try a vegan version of this one by skipping the cream cheese, or substituting something else. Thank you for sharing that and the macro break down you gave at the end is very handy :) I don’t usually like soups too well unless they’re very thick so I’ll probably make mine extra thick.

Upvote 0

Briana

Administrator
Amerithoner
RTYer
Voyager
Fit-scapadist
Streaker
Hugger
Jul 25, 2022

Ingredients

• Ingredients
• 1 green onion, sliced
• 1 tablespoon olive oil

Directions

Notes:

Nutritional Facts
This looks so good! Definitely going to try this!

Reactions: B-rocks
Upvote 0

Briana

Administrator
Amerithoner
RTYer
Voyager
Fit-scapadist
Streaker
Hugger
Jul 25, 2022
Just curious.
I am terrible at cooking, so I really love this. I am going to make a point to share a recipe every week or so to hold myself accountable to cooking more. Everything I do make is from a cook book unless I am just throwing things together, but that's better than not cooking!

Upvote 0

Ange C. (855048192)

Amerithoner
RTYer
Voyager
Fit-scapadist
Streaker
Hugger
Sep 3, 2022
Long Island, NY

Ingredients

• Ingredients
• 1 green onion, sliced
• 1 tablespoon olive oil

Directions

Notes:

Nutritional Facts
This looks amazing! I’ll have to try this! Thank you!

Upvote 0