🏃 Hello from greater Chicagoland! 🏃

Fr.Charlie

RTYer
Fit-scapadist
Streaker
Hugger
Oct 18, 2022
Hi yall!
Took up running by accident. It was New Year's 2018. It was frostbiting cold outside (my kid came home with fb cheeks after a short walk) up in the U.P. at my inlaws. Was heaviest I've ever been: close to 40 lbs overweight. Not much to do in the U.P. on days like that. Wife's folks had a treadmill set up in the living room no one used. It was however adjacent to the one toilet affording any privacy.

New Year's Day I walked. Just a few miles. January 2, I picked up the pace. I strolled a bit. By the end of the week it was a slow jog. We were there two weeks. By the time I got home I knew that I wanted more.

Now, well I just ran the Chicago Abbott 5K in my first week of marathon recovery from the Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon, as I think about how I want to train for Flying Pig in March and my second Twin Cities in October 2023. Guess I'm hooked.

Happyfeet1012

Amerithoner
RTYer
Voyager
Fit-scapadist
Streaker
Hugger
Oct 18, 2022
Illinois
Hi yall!
Took up running by accident. It was New Year's 2018. It was frostbiting cold outside (my kid came home with fb cheeks after a short walk) up in the U.P. at my inlaws. Was heaviest I've ever been: close to 40 lbs overweight. Not much to do in the U.P. on days like that. Wife's folks had a treadmill set up in the living room no one used. It was however adjacent to the one toilet affording any privacy.

New Year's Day I walked. Just a few miles. January 2, I picked up the pace. I strolled a bit. By the end of the week it was a slow jog. We were there two weeks. By the time I got home I knew that I wanted more.

Now, well I just ran the Chicago Abbott 5K in my first week of marathon recovery from the Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon, as I think about how I want to train for Flying Pig in March and my second Twin Cities in October 2023. Guess I'm hooked.
Congratulations of your events! Twin Cities is one of the most beautiful marathons I have done! While you were running in Chicago I was in Louisville running the Urban Bourbon Half Marathon. Looking for something for next year also, but in the half marathon range.

Reactions: Fr.Charlie
Upvote 0