Hello from the Midwest!

Dawn E.

RTYer
Fit-scapadist
Streaker
Hugger
Oct 18, 2022
IL
Hello! I was an avid runner until my lungs said haha nope. Now I get my miles from walking and hiking. I love the RTE community because everyone is so supportive of all mileage numbers and how those miles are earned. This community keeps me motivated to get moving!

In case it’s helpful to others, I have fibromyalgia and long Covid (lung and joint pain). Over time I’ve learned how far I can push myself without pushing too hard. Lots of celebrating small wins, and forgiving myself for not hitting goals. Every day I get up and move is a win!

Fr.Charlie

RTYer
Fit-scapadist
Streaker
Hugger
Oct 18, 2022
Hey, Dawn, sorry to hear about your challenges; it's great that they clearly haven't kept you down or out of the (proverbial) running! You keep on truckin' as they used to say.

I found myself settling in the midwest shortly after the turn of the millennium and now I've live here longer than any place else. Which for a native NYer is just weird.

Picked up running again after many long years of not in 2018 and now (outside of committing every newbie runner mistake known and paying for each one) find I can't quit. 2022 is my third attempt to run the year and maybe three's the charm.

Anyway, nice to meet you and wish you all the best!

Reactions: Dawn E.
Upvote 0

Tanner CreekDog

RTYer
Voyager
Fit-scapadist
Streaker
Hugger
Oct 18, 2022
Hi, Dawn!

First, sorry for your challenges, second, glad they aren’t keeping you down!

Me, I was never a runner, and thanks to heart problems aren’t one now. Like you, it’s the small wins and self-motivation that keeps me out there. That, and a 2-yr-old golden retriever. He doesn’t do reat days very well. 😉

Upvote 0

Happyfeet1012

Amerithoner
RTYer
Voyager
Fit-scapadist
Streaker
Hugger
Oct 18, 2022
Illinois
Hello! I was an avid runner until my lungs said haha nope. Now I get my miles from walking and hiking. I love the RTE community because everyone is so supportive of all mileage numbers and how those miles are earned. This community keeps me motivated to get moving!

In case it’s helpful to others, I have fibromyalgia and long Covid (lung and joint pain). Over time I’ve learned how far I can push myself without pushing too hard. Lots of celebrating small wins, and forgiving myself for not hitting goals. Every day I get up and move is a win!
You're doing a great job doing what you can and celebrating the wins where they come. Listening to your body is key. Keep up the good work.

Upvote 0