Hi from Raleigh, NC

Hi, my name is Marlyn (pronounced Mar-lin). I joined the 2023 miles in 2023 challenge. I am excited to be a part of this running community. I run about 15-20 miles per week and enjoy the solitude of running. My daughter wants to be a runner like me, and we do fun runs together. I am here to cheer others on and meet like-minded people. Feel free to chat me up if you are talking. I would love to learn more about the people in this community.

Attachments

• C6A439CD-DB9C-4D2A-9655-9373683966E8.jpeg
    C6A439CD-DB9C-4D2A-9655-9373683966E8.jpeg
    98.9 KB · Views: 2

Claudia R.

RTYer
Fit-scapadist
Streaker
Hugger
Dec 29, 2022
Southern California
Welcome Marlyn! This is my third year and I love it because it helps to keep me active.
I mostly walk the miles. I used to be a runner but I have knee issues that prevent me from running. I hear you about the solitude. I love to listen to Audiobooks while walking. It’s my Me time ☺️

Upvote 0

Laurent

Administrator
Amerithoner
RTYer
Voyager
Fit-scapadist
Streaker
Hugger
Jul 22, 2022
Hi, my name is Marlyn (pronounced Mar-lin). I joined the 2023 miles in 2023 challenge. I am excited to be a part of this running community. I run about 15-20 miles per week and enjoy the solitude of running. My daughter wants to be a runner like me, and we do fun runs together. I am here to cheer others on and meet like-minded people. Feel free to chat me up if you are talking. I would love to learn more about the people in this community.

Welcome!

Upvote 0

Kimber

Amerithoner
RTYer
Dec 28, 2022
Tampa, Florida
Hi Marlyn!

I’m new here too. I started running this past summer. I used to do a lot of 5ks years ago but I would run and walk, never finishing one where I ran the entire time. Now I’m up to 7 miles and doing my first 8 mile on Sunday. This is all in prep for a half marathon in Feb 😳 I’m hoping to find friends, encouragement and support as well as providing the same in return!! So Hi new friend!!

Upvote 0

Kimber

Amerithoner
RTYer
Dec 28, 2022
Tampa, Florida
Welcome to you both! Kimberly, I'm also training for a half in February. I'll be in Vegas. It will be my first ever.
Hiiii!! My half will be in St Pete FL. I’m getting pretty nervous. Is this your first half too, Shanitra?

Upvote 0

Shanitra D. (482803713)

RTYer
Fit-scapadist
Streaker
Hugger
Oct 1, 2022
Hiiii!! My half will be in St Pete FL. I’m getting pretty nervous. Is this your first half too, Shanitra?
Kimber (autospell tried to correct again) -- this is my first. I'm nervous as well. Tomorrow will be my long run, here's hoping I survive.

Upvote 0