Administrator
Amerithoner
RTYer
Voyager
Fit-scapadist
Streaker
Hugger
Jul 25, 2022
Is it just me or is there a third-year letdown on mileage? This is my third year of RTE and it looks like I'm going to get about 300 miles less this year than last after topping 3,300 miles my first two years.
Is this a common thing for long-term participants?
Interesting question as @Laurent said! We see all sorts of patterns…from people who do more each year to those who do more, then less, then more…

I think there are so many variables in play. For me, life also dictates things a bit as does what races I’m planning for the year!

Reactions: Abbott
Upvote 0

Cassandra B.

Amerithoner
RTYer
Fit-scapadist
Streaker
Hugger
Oct 18, 2022
Is it just me or is there a third-year letdown on mileage? This is my third year of RTE and it looks like I'm going to get about 300 miles less this year than last after topping 3,300 miles my first two years.
Is this a common thing for long-term participants?
I would have to agree with what earlier ppl have stated. My third year was my worst year mile wise but it was also the year I became pregnant. I was so worried to do too much after struggling to get pregnant that I didn’t walk as much and didn’t meet my goal for 2020.

Upvote 0

Abbott

RTYer
Streaker
Hugger
Nov 1, 2022
Tucson, Arizona
I run into the over 60 health issues too. Plus after COVID (which is still around BTW) and with the weird political climate in Arizona as well as a very different work situation than when I started this thing, I guess I'll have to mark it down to "life gets in the way of living sometimes"... Shooting for 3,500 in 2023!

Upvote 0

Briana

Administrator
Amerithoner
RTYer
Voyager
Fit-scapadist
Streaker
Hugger
Jul 25, 2022
I run into the over 60 health issues too. Plus after COVID (which is still around BTW) and with the weird political climate in Arizona as well as a very different work situation than when I started this thing, I guess I'll have to mark it down to "life gets in the way of living sometimes"... Shooting for 3,500 in 2023!
I love the 3,500 goal! 2023 for me (and every new year for that matter) is a new opportunity for a new yearly goal which I love.

Reactions: Abbott
Upvote 0

Laurent T.

Amerithoner
RTYer
Voyager
Fit-scapadist
Streaker
Hugger
Sep 6, 2022

That’s amazing, good luck!

Reactions: Briana
Upvote 0