Georgina M. (1967259650)

RTYer
Dec 26, 2023
Hi everyone! I'm happy to have signed up for the challenge. I can't run and will probably never run again unless I come face to face with a fluffy white killer bunny (movie ref).

I use to ride the canals and commute by bike a few days a week, back before 2018. Cervical spine fusion, long hours in disease response, 2-month bed confinement, another spine surgery, a broken foot, and impending doom in my lower spine took away most of my hobbies these last few year, but I'm trying to claw them back.

I already kayak a lot on the summer and now picked up winter kayaking. I started cycling again a month ago and already crashed thanks to a distracted driver. I'm mostly riding canals again for a safer ride. I'm already somewhere around 10-15 mile rides. I hope to make my way up to an 8 mile hike this year without adding foot pain. I'm actively in physical therapy to regain strength to my back, hips, and core.

I have two goals. Feel stronger and healthier. Return to all my favorite activities except running and backpacking. I'll do anything to hold off another spinal fusion from the VA.

Seana O. (1948188674)

RTYer
Dec 23, 2023
Hi everyone! I'm happy to have signed up for the challenge. I can't run and will probably never run again unless I come face to face with a fluffy white killer bunny (movie ref).

I use to ride the canals and commute by bike a few days a week, back before 2018. Cervical spine fusion, long hours in disease response, 2-month bed confinement, another spine surgery, a broken foot, and impending doom in my lower spine took away most of my hobbies these last few year, but I'm trying to claw them back.

I already kayak a lot on the summer and now picked up winter kayaking. I started cycling again a month ago and already crashed thanks to a distracted driver. I'm mostly riding canals again for a safer ride. I'm already somewhere around 10-15 mile rides. I hope to make my way up to an 8 mile hike this year without adding foot pain. I'm actively in physical therapy to regain strength to my back, hips, and core.

I have two goals. Feel stronger and healthier. Return to all my favorite activities except running and backpacking. I'll do anything to hold off another spinal fusion from the VA.
Staying active and finding activities you enjoy that won't damage you is what matter most! Great job on not giving up!!
Have a great year!

Upvote 0

Cathy B. (1224212482)

RTYer
Fit-scapadist
Streaker
Hugger
Oct 24, 2022
Hamlin, NY
I think you’re amazing. Any of us that have chronic pain or have had massive surgeries know how important movement is. It took me a long time to learn that and I’ve been dealing with chronic pain over half of my life. You’re an encouragement to us all!

Upvote 0