The best translator for PDF documents

tbes50203

Sep 29, 2024
I recently used https://www.translate.com/services/pdf-translation/spanish to translate a PDF into Spanish, and I have mixed impressions. On the one hand, the translation process itself is pretty simple: you upload a document, choose a language and click a button. However, when I downloaded the translated file, I noticed that some formatting elements were lost. For example, tables and graphs sometimes looked strange, and some lines of text shifted. In general, if you have a document with important visual elements, it is worth checking how they are displayed after translation. Moreover, I noticed that automatic translation is not always perfect. For example, if the text contains specific terminology or phrases that can only be understood in context, Translate.com may translate them too verbatim, which can distort the meaning. Therefore, I recommend that if possible, after the automatic translation, you review the text again and correct the most obvious errors. I used this platform to translate a textbook, and fortunately the main text was fine. But here are some details that could have been better translated. I would recommend testing the platform on a small document first to assess the quality of the translation before uploading something more extensive. It's important to realize that despite the power of technology, sometimes manual translation is best, especially if the text is very specific or requires a deep understanding of the language.

Upvote 0