Tracking of steps

Boots

RTYer
Jan 4, 2023
Elizabethtown KY
Thank you for the response. I hate that it’s not working but glad to know I’m not the only one having issues. I did the same thing removed the app reset stuff but none of it worked.
I’ve been adding mine manually. I have noticed that it will sync a run but it stopped syncing steps.

Upvote 0

Tim C. (196608)

Administrator
Amerithoner
RTYer
Voyager
Fit-scapadist
Streaker
Hugger
Aug 26, 2022

Garmin Daily Steps Are Back!​

Thank you so much for your patience while we figured out the Garmin Daily Steps outage. We believe this matter has been resolved and we should be all set moving forward. PLEASE READ the following for everything you need to know.
1. If you left your sync active and did not un-sync and -re-sync - all of your miles should backfill in and you are all set with nothing you need to do.
2. If you did an un-sync and re-sync and your miles have not backfilled in since April 3rd here is what to do:
a. Go to "Device Synching" in the RTE tracker and choose to "Disconnect" Garmin sync.
b. Choose "Preserve Miles" in the pop-up window
c. Re-sync and be sure to chose APRIL 3rd as your start date. Or if you deleted all of your synced miles you can choose January 1st.
d. It can take a couple hours for Garmin to bring in your miles depending on how far back you go.
3. If you have been manually entering your miles you can delete these miles manually as well. There is no bulk way do do this so you will need to do that for each day if your miles are doubled.
We should be all set to go with no further outages for the year. Thank you again for your patience while we worked this out and let us know if you have any issues.

Upvote 0

Julie B. (3430744065)

RTYer
Jan 1, 2023

Garmin Daily Steps Are Back!​

Thank you so much for your patience while we figured out the Garmin Daily Steps outage. We believe this matter has been resolved and we should be all set moving forward. PLEASE READ the following for everything you need to know.
1. If you left your sync active and did not un-sync and -re-sync - all of your miles should backfill in and you are all set with nothing you need to do.
2. If you did an un-sync and re-sync and your miles have not backfilled in since April 3rd here is what to do:
a. Go to "Device Synching" in the RTE tracker and choose to "Disconnect" Garmin sync.
c. Re-sync and be sure to chose APRIL 3rd as your start date. Or if you deleted all of your synced miles you can choose January 1st.
d. It can take a couple hours for Garmin to bring in your miles depending on how far back you go.
3. If you have been manually entering your miles you can delete these miles manually as well. There is no bulk way do do this so you will need to do that for each day if your miles are doubled.
We should be all set to go with no further outages for the year. Thank you again for your patience while we worked this out and let us know if you have any issues.
Mine is still not updating. I haven’t manually input so, I disconnected and reconnected. I have tried both yes and no for “daily steps?” The updates did automatically update but, no luck so far. Oh, I even put the date to April 4th from when they stopped updating. My turtle is chilling at the windmill. 🤣 It would automatically update at midnight.

Attachments

• IMG_0896.png
    IMG_0896.png
    302.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0897.png
    IMG_0897.png
    351.5 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0

Tim C. (196608)

Administrator
Amerithoner
RTYer
Voyager
Fit-scapadist
Streaker
Hugger
Aug 26, 2022
Mine is still not updating. I haven’t manually input so, I disconnected and reconnected. I have tried both yes and no for “daily steps?” The updates did automatically update but, no luck so far. Oh, I even put the date to April 4th from when they stopped updating. My turtle is chilling at the windmill. 🤣 It would automatically update at midnight.
Hi Julie - We can get them all in for you! The important thing when you re-sync is to choose April 3rd as the start date so it knows to go back and get those miles. :)

c. Re-sync and be sure to choose APRIL 3rd as your start date.

Reactions: CPAGrrrl
Upvote 0

Julie B. (3430744065)

RTYer
Jan 1, 2023
Hi Julie - We can get them all in for you! The important thing when you re-sync is to choose April 3rd as the start date so it knows to go back and get those miles. :)

c. Re-sync and be sure to choose APRIL 3rd as your start date.

Upvote 0