What are your favorite running conditions and places?

Jason T. (390987776)

RTYer
Voyager
Fit-scapadist
Streaker
Hugger
Oct 18, 2022
Not a lot of experience running in the winter because I live in Florida, but definitely enjoy the cooler cold temps. As far as location I love running near water and again being in Florida lots of opportunities.

Upvote 0

Laurent T.

Amerithoner
RTYer
Voyager
Fit-scapadist
Streaker
Hugger
Sep 6, 2022
Hey Charles,

For me, any fire
I love winter running in a pretty place. Near water (great lake or river) or in the woods. No experience running on an actual running track. What's your pleasure?

For me, it’s definitely in wooded areas, as it starts snowing.
Gotta be careful though, as I have a tendency to roll my ankles.

Upvote 0

GilaMonster5

RTYer
Fit-scapadist
Streaker
Hugger
Oct 19, 2022
Rockland County, NY, US
Street/sidewalk in nature heavy areas.

I’ve done the track, but it’s too boring, and I’m too likely to twist my ankle if I trail run.

I’ve actually been mostly treadmilling of late, since it the easiest (and safest) place to run at 5am, but I would prefer to be outdoors, if I could.

Upvote 0

MariaTheGhoul

RTYer
Fit-scapadist
Streaker
Hugger
Sep 8, 2022
Bellevue Ne
High 60s/low 70s, a light breeze, light sun (cloudy would be great!).

I love to run on the trail system around Omaha and it's super convient because I have a trail head near my house (and a Culver's, in case I get hungry at the end of my run lol)

Upvote 0

Briana

Administrator
Amerithoner
RTYer
Voyager
Fit-scapadist
Streaker
Hugger
Jul 25, 2022
I love winter running in a pretty place. Near water (great lake or river) or in the woods. No experience running on an actual running track. What's your pleasure?
I love a good fall day. My favorite runs are a crisp fall morning temps in the 40's to 50's. I was born and raised in Colorado so have an affinity to the mountains for running. Anytime I am in nature I am a happy gal. I truly hate heat and humidity so a beach is not my cup o' tea!

Upvote 0

Cindy c. (3478650880)

Amerithoner
RTYer
Fit-scapadist
Streaker
Hugger
Sep 9, 2022
California
High 60s/low 70s, a light breeze, light sun (cloudy would be great!).

I love to run on the trail system around Omaha and it's super convient because I have a trail head near my house (and a Culver's, in case I get hungry at the end of my run lol)

Reactions: Happyfeet1012
Upvote 0

Laurent T.

Amerithoner
RTYer
Voyager
Fit-scapadist
Streaker
Hugger
Sep 6, 2022
The Marin headlands! One of the most beautiful places on the planet and the running is brutal (for all my masochistic brethren/sistren out there)...
Steep hills and the temperature can fluctuate 30 degrees in the summer.

I ran Tamalpais to Stinson Beach up and downs. Not in the summer though!
Beautiful, but demanding!

Upvote 0

Abbott

RTYer
Streaker
Hugger
Nov 1, 2022
Tucson, Arizona
I ran Tamalpais to Stinson Beach up and downs. Not in the summer though!
Beautiful, but demanding!
Check these out: https://insidetrail.com/inside-trail-races/
If you rally like to torture yourself, these are the races for you! I did Table Rock 10K three times and thought it would be "fun" to do the 35K. A 3-mile loop through Muir Woods and part of the Dip Sea Trail. I only made it 13 miles and hobbled the last five... Good times on the trails!

Upvote 0