Laurent T.

Amerithoner
RTYer
Voyager
Fit-scapadist
Streaker
Hugger
Sep 6, 2022
Now that the colder months are creeping up on us I’m trying to figure out how to get my miles in. I’m worried that I’ll lose motivation because I hate the cold. What does everyone do to stay motivated this time of year?

I hate to admit it, but I got used to the treadmill. I created all sorts of interval workouts. I don’t get bored when a change of pace happens every few minutes.

Plus I won’t let myself watch certain shows unless I’m on the treadmill. Good shows therefore boost my mileage like crazy!

Upvote 0

Cassandra B.

Amerithoner
RTYer
Fit-scapadist
Streaker
Hugger
Oct 18, 2022
I hate to admit it, but I got used to the treadmill. I created all sorts of interval workouts. I don’t get bored when a change of pace happens every few minutes.

Plus I won’t let myself watch certain shows unless I’m on the treadmill. Good shows therefore boost my mileage like crazy!
I need to invest in a treadmill because you are the only one who’s told me that. Including the TV show lol

Upvote 0

Tanner CreekDog

RTYer
Voyager
Fit-scapadist
Streaker
Hugger
Oct 18, 2022
We’ll, for me, I don’t have a lot of choice. My dog bugs me every morning to go out for his morning walkies. He doesn’t understand “too cold” or “day off” or “let me sleep in”.

Lauren has some great points with the treadmill. I loved walking on the treadmill. I had to maintain the pace, so no slowdowns. The inclines were great for adding difficulty! But, I can’t do that now with floofy boy.

As for the TV shows, that’s a great idea! I have an app that’s an exercise tracker with an audio story. My rule was no listening unless I was walking. Hearing the next episode motivated me to keep at it.

Attachments

• F69DD843-4527-44C5-B971-02CACB03E2D7.jpeg
    F69DD843-4527-44C5-B971-02CACB03E2D7.jpeg
    562.2 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0

Cassandra B.

Amerithoner
RTYer
Fit-scapadist
Streaker
Hugger
Oct 18, 2022
We’ll, for me, I don’t have a lot of choice. My dog bugs me every morning to go out for his morning walkies. He doesn’t understand “too cold” or “day off” or “let me sleep in”.

Lauren has some great points with the treadmill. I loved walking on the treadmill. I had to maintain the pace, so no slowdowns. The inclines were great for adding difficulty! But, I can’t do that now with floofy boy.

As for the TV shows, that’s a great idea! I have an app that’s an exercise tracker with an audio story. My rule was no listening unless I was walking. Hearing the next episode motivated me to keep at it.
I also have a dog which is how I did it in the past but now it’sa not harder with a one year old. I’m so worried about her getting sick so when it gets cold I worry she isn’t warm enough but then feel bad because I want our furry friend to get out.

Upvote 0

Happyfeet1012

Amerithoner
RTYer
Voyager
Fit-scapadist
Streaker
Hugger
Oct 18, 2022
Illinois
Now that the colder months are creeping up on us I’m trying to figure out how to get my miles in. I’m worried that I’ll lose motivation because I hate the cold. What does everyone do to stay motivated this time of year?
Either treadmill, or if it's 20 or above I'll go outside if it isn't to windy. Usually need some kind of hand warmers though 🥶

Reactions: Cassandra B.
Upvote 0

Llmyra

RTYer
Fit-scapadist
Streaker
Hugger
Sep 13, 2022
Connecticut
Idk where you are but, I’m in Connecticut and it gets fairly cold. I invest in good winter gear, layer up and get outside. I strongly agree with comparing a treadmill to satan’s sidewalk. I have one but, I’d rather be outside any day of the year. Good luck this winter.🥶

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Abbott

RTYer
Streaker
Hugger
Nov 1, 2022
Tucson, Arizona
Idk where you are but, I’m in Connecticut and it gets fairly cold. I invest in good winter gear, layer up and get outside. I strongly agree with comparing a treadmill to satan’s sidewalk. I have one but, I’d rather be outside any day of the year. Good luck this winter.🥶
I like southwestern or SF Bay Area "cold"... 50 degrees, raining or not! :LOL::LOL:

Reactions: Llmyra
Upvote 0

Hannah

Administrator
Amerithoner
RTYer
Voyager
Fit-scapadist
Streaker
Hugger
Jul 25, 2022
Originally from Connecticut 🙋‍♀️ Those winters can get bone-chilling!!!

Reactions: Llmyra
Upvote 0

Yimmi

RTYer
Voyager
Fit-scapadist
Streaker
Hugger
Nov 1, 2022
I recently joined a local running club. I’ve enjoyed running with everyone in the group runs so I’m hoping that will help get me out there when it’s cold. So far so good but it’s just starting to get cold here

Upvote 0

Abbott

RTYer
Streaker
Hugger
Nov 1, 2022
Tucson, Arizona
I recently joined a local running club. I’ve enjoyed running with everyone in the group runs so I’m hoping that will help get me out there when it’s cold. So far so good but it’s just starting to get cold here
I can handle cold better than heat. My internal heater works fairly well. Fingers get way cold though!

Reactions: Yimmi
Upvote 0