What are your favorite running conditions and places?

Hannah

Administrator
Amerithoner
RTYer
Voyager
Fit-scapadist
Streaker
Hugger
Jul 25, 2022
The Marin headlands! One of the most beautiful places on the planet and the running is brutal (for all my masochistic brethren/sistren out there)...
Steep hills and the temperature can fluctuate 30 degrees in the summer.
When I lived in SF, I'd mountain bike up in Marin - brutal fire roads to ride up!

Reactions: Abbott
Upvote 0

jdr0p

RTYer
Fit-scapadist
Streaker
Hugger
Nov 22, 2022
Bellingham, WA
jdr0p.wordpress.com
I'm into sidewalks and extremely well curated (and mostly flat) trails because I am clumsy and tend to roll ankles when I'm not paying attention.

A crisp fall day, 45-55 degrees, is my favorite. I did a relay this October in a weird WA heat wave (77*) with tons of smoke (AQI 180) and I was miserableeeeeee.

Reactions: Abbott
Upvote 0

Abbott

RTYer
Streaker
Hugger
Nov 1, 2022
Tucson, Arizona
I'm into sidewalks and extremely well curated (and mostly flat) trails because I am clumsy and tend to roll ankles when I'm not paying attention.

A crisp fall day, 45-55 degrees, is my favorite. I did a relay this October in a weird WA heat wave (77*) with tons of smoke (AQI 180) and I was miserableeeeeee.
I've been back in Tucson for four years and still am not acclimated to the heat. I gained about 15 seconds on my pace once the temps dropped below 70 degrees. Having spent nearly a decade running in Sonoma County, I really like 50 degrees in horizontal rain!

Reactions: jdr0p
Upvote 0

Andrea G. (1429143554)

RTYer
Dec 30, 2022
St. Augustine
Not a lot of experience running in the winter because I live in Florida, but definitely enjoy the cooler cold temps. As far as location I love running near water and again being in Florida lots of opportunities.

Upvote 0